Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
What is GhanaPostGPS?
GhanaPostGPS is a global addressing system, which divides Ghana into grids of 5m x 5m squares and assigns each one a unique address, known as a digital address. With this system, every land and property gets a permanent address.
Do I have to pay to download the GhanaPostGPS app?
No payment is required to download or use the GhanaPostGPS app.
How can I access the GhanaPostGPS app?
Use GhanaPostGPS on your computer, phone, or tablet to search, explore, and find your way around Ghana. On your computer, open www.GhanaPostgps.com, on your phone or tablet, use the GhanaPostGPS app.
Here’s a guide to get you started using GhanaPostGPS app.
Visit your App store to download the GhanaPostGPS App for free from Google Play Store for Android users and Apple store for IOS users.
Once the app is installed, follow the instructions to register, verify and confirm your login details.
After this process, you are ready to use the GhanaPostGPS app.
Windows phone users can alternatively access the service via www.GhanaPostgps.com.
*Standard data charges will however apply.
How do I use the App to generate my unique address?
Once you have the App downloaded on your phone, generating your address is easy.
- Ensure your phone’s location button is turned on.
- Open the GhanaPostGPS app and click on the button
- Your unique address will appear next to the Digital address, for example Digital Address: GA-543-0125
Does accuracy matter when generating the address?
Yes, accuracy of your address is important. Just below the address code, the accuracy of the address is shown. Always endeavor to have the address within 3 meters accuracy. It is advised that you stand in front of your property to produce the most accurate address.
How do I ensure accuracy in generating my address?
If your address appears in;
- Green font, for example Digital Address: GA-543-0125 this indicates you are within 3m – 9m accuracy
- Yellow font, for example Digital Address: GA-543-0125 this indicates you are within 10m – 20m accuracy
- Red font, for example Digital Address: GA-543-0125 this indicates you are above 20m accuracy
NB: The most accurate results should show in GREEN font.
What does my address mean (eg. ER-200-1987)?
Your digital address is made up of two main components Your postcode (EN-200) and your unique address (1987) The first letter in the postcode represents your region (E for Eastern Region in this case), the second letter/digit (N) represents the district (N for New Juaben). The next batch of numbers (200) represents your area code. The regional, district and area codes come together to form the postcode. The last batch of numbers (1987) represent the unique address of the location. A combination of the postcode and the unique address make up the digital address
How can I save a digital address on the app, for reference?
- Key in the digital address and click on the search button
- Full details of the address will be generated
- Click on the save location button which automatically saves the address in your address book for referencing.
- Go to Address Book to find your saved addresses
My postcode is 543 but why do I have (200543) showing at the postal code column, what does the 200 represent?
The 200; 2 represents the Region ie. Greater Accra and 00 represent the district ie. Accra Metro. It is the same 200 that has been converted to GA for the Digital address.
How can I find landmarks on GhanaPostGPS?
Searching for the address of landmarks is possible,
- Type the name of the landmark into the search tab
- A drop down will appear with options to choose from
- Select the landmark sought for.
- The digital address will be automatically generated
If I change my place of residence, will I use my old address or generate a new one?
Your new location has automatically been assigned a unique digital address even before you moved there. You only need to access the app to generate the address of your current location, which becomes your new address.
Does this mean street names will no longer be useful?
No, your street name will be displayed below your digital address, including your district, postcode and region which will make it easier for people to locate you even without the map.
Is there an offline version of the app?
Currently there is no offline version, however upgrades will be made continuously to improve on the app.